Odyyseus' Travels

Odyyseus' Travels

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Trp to the Underworld

After talking to Circe, my men and I went off to look for the land of the dead, the underworld. I thought that mortal could not be able to go to the underworld, but Circe says that the winds would help me and my men get there. We sailed until we saw darkness out at sea. It was dark as a shadow created by the moon at night. I wouldn’t really describe the underworld to be underground. It’s just a place where Helios, the sun god, does not shine his light. When my men and I reached the island, the whole place was burning. I could feel my sweat run down on every part of my body. I had to sacrifice an animal to get into the underworld. My men stayed behind, while I find the ghost of Tiresias. There were shade of the dead everywhere I turn the corner. The place smelled of dead souls, and burning stone. I know when I meet Tiresias; I have to offer the sacrificial blood that Circes had given me. The sacrificial blood permitted the souls to speak. When Tiresias was finally with me, I felt a joyous feeling inside me. I felt this way because I know I wanted to see my sweet beloved Penelope. I listened while Tiresias was talking. He said that Poseidon was very outraged at me for blinding his son the Cyclops, Polyphemus. He told me that if I go past the herd of Helios my men and I would make it to Ithaca. I felt wondrous when I herd the great news. Ii went back to go and tell my crew mates the great news. Then suddenly one of the shades of the dead appeared. My good feeling inside of me dramatically went down. My heart felt like it dropped all the way to my feet. I saw my mother as one of the shades. I asked her why, but all she said was to leave and that my wife is waiting for me back at home. I couldnt get any closer because there were to much firely explosions near. So i ran all the way back to my men. Now im continuing my journy back to ithica.

No comments:

THe Underworld

THe Underworld